So my intent was to give you a recipe today, but after thinking about it while watching a SHOCKING episode of The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills I’ve decided to give you the gift of my favorite meal. It’s not exactly a recipe as much as it is a shopping list, and it’s so simple! And with a large enough bag you can take it ANYWHERE! “But what about the dreaded clean up?” you may ask. Well the clean up for this meal is so very simple that it’s not even worth mentioning. And also, ew, why are you bothering me with questions about cleaning your messy kitchen?
You want it all, don’t you?
There it is, people. Bread, fruits, cheeses, hummus, an assortment of cured italian meats. It’s just so damn tasty. And it feels healthy even if you eat the whole entire thing. Wine is optional, but let me suggest that when someone says “wine is optional” you take that to mean that it is not.
1) I suggest a loaf of your favorite FRESH bread (no sandwich bread…it’s not the same. Did I really just need to clarify that?), I usually get some kind of french bread cause it’s usually cheaper and it tastes good, but crusty bread is also delicious.
2) Your favorite hummus. I usually love roasted red pepper hummus but if you have not had Roots hummus based in Asheville than you simply have not had delicious and quality hummus. When I first had Roots hummus I swore that it would be the only hummus I’d ever eat again. I haven’t been able to stick to that but I think about my failure often.
3) An assortment of italian meats is not optional for me but it may be for you because vegetarianism. But if you are partial to meats then I’m sure you can figure out what you like. Pepperoni. Pastrami. Salami. Any of these will do.
4) CHEESE! The star of the show! I literally go crazy. Sharp cheddar, White cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, my personal favorite is havarti with dill. Go with whatever cheeses tickle your fancy.
5) Fruits are important so that you feel like your eating something from the earth. I like grapes, but maybe you like apples, berries, or a mix!
Let me give you a little helpful tip (besides this wonderful meal which is a fabulous tip to begin with): Take a piece of bread, spread some hummus on it, put some cheese on top of it, devour the whole thing in one bite. Delicious and you can thank me in the comments.
So there. you. have it. Maybe this is what you eat on a regular friday night, but I’m PRETTY sure some people have no idea that there’s good cheese out there. And if you don’t like cheese, well…what is going on in your life?
Oh yeah! and finally…
6) Get the wine.